- About Us
- Contact Us
- FREE Consultation
- Land Management
- Timber Sale Services
- Wildlife Management
- Land Sale
- Timberland Investing
- State Road 27 Bedford, IN
- Tel./Fax (317) 445-2611
Selling Standing Timber in Indiana?
Cruse Hardwoods services all of Indiana. Indiana is very close and dear to hearts of Cruse Hardwoods. Owners, Josh and Perry Cruse, were born and raised in the Hoosier State. We have worked with buyers of timber products for many decades in Indiana. Visit our Consultation page to sign up for a FREE TIMBER EVALUATION..
Indiana Forest Facts:
- Indiana has 4.5 million acres of forestland (almost 20% of IN land base) and 4.3 million acres of timberland.
- The area of timberland in Indiana has steadily increased since the 1960's. Timberland increased from 3.896 million acres in 1967, to 4.296 million acres in 1986, to 4.342 million acres in 1998.
- 95% of Indiana's forests are classified as hardwood forest types. Primary forest types are Oak-Hickory (1.6 million acres) and Maple-Beech (1.4 million acres).
- Private landowners own 85% of the timberland in Indiana. As of 1994, more than 150,000 private forest landowners owned over 370,000 acres. By comparison, in 1978 there were only about 50,000 forest landowners. In that 16 year period, the number of landowners tripled but the acreage increase amounted to only 30,000 acres.
- On average, Indiana trees are growing in volume more than 2.5 times the amount being removed.
- Indiana forest products industry is the 6th largest employer in Indiana.
- Indiana forest products industry employees over 56,000 people with most of the industry concentrated in the southern half of the state.
Facts were taken from Indiana DNR Forestry Website